Location: San Francisco, CA
Job Type: Regular, Full-Time
Sportradar is seeking a Visual Designer with a passion for sports to join our product development team in San Francisco, and help us deliver world-class sports solutions to customers around the globe. As the Visual Designer you will be part of team tasked with bringing sports data to life through the creation of rich, engaging customer experiences. We are looking for a designer that can own multiple facets of the design process such as UX research, interaction design and prototyping – but we need someone with a very strong visual design background. The ideal candidate would bring both creativity and a wealth of design experience to the company to work across all our content solutions.
Competencies & Qualities
- Methodical Problem Solving
- Technical Knowledge
- Team Oriented
- Pride in Quality and Productivity
- Fired up and exhilarated
- Outcome driven
- Bring sports data (including sensor data) to life through the creation of concise, effective, and elegant visualizations.
- Influence product specifications and execute visual design work with an extremely high level of polish.
- Generate comprehensive information architecture, wireframes, interactive prototypes and high-quality visual designs.
- Partner with product managers, engineers and other stakeholders to oversee the user experience and visual design of products from conception until launch as well as additional on-going iterations
- Develop digital design patterns to foster reusability and consistency in the products that you help create.
- 7+ years of applied visual design experience (3-5 years UX) across multiple platforms.
- A portfolio demonstrating your passion for simple, intuitive, and beautiful user-centered designs. This portfolio should reflect your abilities as an outstanding visual designer and your approaches to creating better user engagement.
- Experience designing the whole user flow for both new and existing projects – from ideation of solutions to existing problems, to creating wireframes right through to the final visual designs.
- Background in UX, visual and interactive design best practices along with a strong knowledge of usability principles and techniques.
- Proficiency with Creative Suite, Sketch, and prototyping tools.
- Experience with version control, specifically with Git.
- Strong communication and presentation skills that allow you to communicate and defend complex design ideas clearly and persuasively.
- Has a passion for sports and is interested in exploring the digital aspects of the industry.
- Hands on experience with CSS and HTML; preferably with experience fine tuning designs in React and/or Angular. (preferred, not required).
How to Apply:
Please email a copy of your CV and cover letter to email@example.com, and include the following Job ID in the subject line: US-20170120-VD.