Location: San Francisco, CA
Job Type: Regular, Full-Time
Sportradar is seeking a Visual Designer with a passion for sports to join our product development team in San Francisco, and help us deliver world-class sports solutions to customers around the globe. As the Visual Designer you will be part of a team tasked with bringing sports data to life through the creation of rich, engaging customer experiences. We are looking for a designer who can own multiple facets of the design process such as UX research, interactive design, prototyping, and visual design. The ideal candidate would bring both creativity and a wealth of design experience to the company to work across all our content solutions.
Competencies & Qualities
- Methodical Problem Solving
- Technical Knowledge
- Team Oriented
- Pride in Quality and Productivity
- Fired up and exhilarated
- Outcome driven
- Tell engaging sports stories through creating concise, effective and elegant visualizations.
- Influence product specifications and execute visual design work with an extremely high level of polish.
- Generate comprehensive information architecture, wireframes, interactive prototypes and high-quality visual designs.
- Partner with product managers, engineers and other stakeholders to oversee the user experience and visual design of products from conception until launch as well as additional ongoing iterations.
- Develop digital design patterns to foster reusability and consistency in the products that you help create.
- 7+ years of applied visual design experience (3-5 years UX) across multiple platforms.
- Experience designing the whole user flow for both new and existing projects – from ideation of solutions to existing problems, to creating wireframes right through to the final visual designs.
- Strong background in UX, visual and interactive design best practices along with a strong knowledge of usability principles and techniques.
- Proficiency with Creative Suite, Sketch, and prototyping tools.
- A portfolio demonstrating your passion for simple, intuitive, and beautiful user-centered designs. This portfolio should reflect your abilities as an outstanding visual designer and your approach to creating better user engagement.
- Hands on experience with CSS and HTML; preferably with experience fine tuning designs in React and/or Angular.
- Experience with version control, specifically with Git.
- Strong communication and presentation skills that allow you to communicate and defend complex design ideas clearly and persuasively.
- Has a passion for sports and is interested in exploring the digital aspects of the industry.
How to Apply:
Please email a copy of your CV and cover letter to email@example.com, and include the following Job ID in the subject line: US-20170120-VD.